1978'ish 250 enticer

moday

sled ran two years ago but was often hard to start.....started working on it yesterday. Looks like an oily mess over near the injection pump and the oil pump lever has fallen off. The engine is now somewhat removed and looking for a source of the oily mess but it's really hard to tell. Does the injection pump lever get loose and fall off?n I think maybe carb was loose and my son tightened it down so I was worried about a damaged cylinder wall. I checked compression and the single cylinder has 105 psi comression with a spark plug type gauge. I still could not get it to fire on ether which makes me question timing at this point. Not sure really where to start, hope to get oil pump lever hooked back up. Any thoughts on this? thanks, moday

the lever does fall off. dad did it to the one he had back in the 80's and scuffed the cylinder. it finally blew during a summer run in the early 90's.

we did have a ground issue that we had to add a ground wire from the engine base plate to the frame. had to do it on a few of the old enticers and it always made them run better.

then check the wire coming out of the coil mounted above the recoil. the one we had would always break that one off.

when it left us, it was wanting a stator as it would quit making spark once engine was up to temp. still mad that it was sold.

It does have spark....I'm not sure if maybe weak spark under compression. I have the engine almost out and need to find out where this oil injection pump lever needs to hook up. thanks

my memory is telling me that there is a linkage arm off the carb on l/s of carb (sitting on sled) that a little funky s link snaps into that goes right to the oil injection pump arm.

Back