2017 Vector XTX Rear Air Shock Replacement

Mtn-Bike

I have a new to me XTX (8k miles) and it still has the original air shock. I am planning to ride a big loop in Que this winter and am worried that things might go badly at an inopportune time with that shock. I found the HYGEAR shock - Fox H1 - Rear Kit, Apex Single Shot, 2.0 RA Coil Over, Rev2 but it seems a little pricey and wondered if anyone had any other good options.....a stock replacement air shock is $350 but I would rather not run the risk of having to change it on the trail.

Open to any and all ideas.....

I have a new to me XTX (8k miles) and it still has the original air shock. I am planning to ride a big loop in Que this winter and am worried that things might go badly at an inopportune time with that shock. I found the HYGEAR shock - Fox H1 - Rear Kit, Apex Single Shot, 2.0 RA Coil Over, Rev2 but it seems a little pricey and wondered if anyone had any other good options.....a stock replacement air shock is $350 but I would rather not run the risk of having to change it on the trail.

Open to any and all ideas.....

You are posting on the 2 stroke site. I would go and register in ty4stroke.com and post there.

just order the 2018 apex xtx shock and carry the stocker as a spare in your saddle bag next to the pump if buget is a concern. stock one is ok if you re not riding hard or in rough stuff. i tend to do both so i had to get one under warenty on my 16 and a bought another one off of a site member as a spare/bi annual swap out for my 16 apex xtx.

this question will get more responses/action on the 4 stroke side.

Back