Trouble with old Phazer - Questions

When you cleaned the carbs did you make sure the small transfer hole between the main jet tower and slow jet tower was clear. It is located just above the main jet and often over looked. If it is not clear that cylinder will lean out in the mid range and often burn down at 1/2 to 3/4 throttle. A friend of mine burned his up two or three times not knowing the transfer holes were plugged.
I'm going to pull the carbs to inspect the reeds so I will double check that. While I have the carbs off, any suggestions for jet sizing?
1500-2000 elevation, variable north east temperatures, DG pipe. Everything else is factory as far as I know.

Seems to be running now. Might have been flooded from so many attempts to start with bad idle?

Temp is much hotter on the clutch side. Is this normal since the fan side is getting cooled more?

Sled still bogs, but now at 3000rpm. I know this is typically TORS related, but it has been bypassed. If you keep into the throttle it does continue to rev past 3000.
Seems to be running now. Might have been flooded from so many attempts to start with bad idle?

Temp is much hotter on the clutch side. Is this normal since the fan side is getting cooled more?

Sled still bogs, but now at 3000rpm. I know this is typically TORS related, but it has been bypassed. If you keep into the throttle it does continue to rev past 3000.
The TORS system on a Phazer is go/no-go so it will kill the spark without reving up at all. Later models like the VMax 600 will start, idle and rev to 3000 which is below the clutch engagement so the sled won’t move. If your Phazer is reving to 3000 the TORS is not likely an issue.

I'm going to pull the carbs to inspect the reeds so I will double check that. While I have the carbs off, any suggestions for jet sizing?
1500-2000 elevation, variable north east temperatures, DG pipe. Everything else is factory as far as I know.
Haven’t run a DG pipe on mine but typically with an AAEN single trail pipe main jetting is in the 148.8 range but more importantly the pilots are up sized to 110 or you risk midrange burn down. Airbox needs to be original and not gutted for the stock butterfly carbs to work properly. Hopefully someone on here has jetting specs for the DG pipe.

Back