95 600 vmax skid change?

Charlie P

I just picked up a 95 600 with 3000 miles for $250.00. I had one 20 some years ago and just never got over the looks. I want to change out the skid and use a skid from a 97 sx that I parted out a couple years ago. Just can't seem to find the info. I don't know if it's even worth messing with as I will be keeping my Sx700R to ride as my main sled. My son may want to ride this one sometime. Thanks

the sx skid you have is the same mounting points as your sxr.

why not go mono as it is a way better ride?

I don't want to put a bunch of money in this old sled, I already have the skid from a sx that I parted out a couple years ago. I can't believe I can't find this info on the web. This had to have been done a bunch of times already. Can't even find the differences between the 96 xt and the 97 sx skids.

ok. i understand where you are coming from.

i was not into higher performance sleds back when these came out. some of the last ones where a proaction from what i have read over the years.

i do know that the pogo vmax tunnel is about 1" wider than the sx/sxr sleds. so spacers will most likely need to be added for the sx suspension to work. i have a donor vmax 600 st that i was going to take the rear suspension out of and put it into an old ss 440 until i discovered the tunnel difference. if you where closer, i would tell you to come get that one as i cannot see using it as it will be a bunch more work for me to use it.

ok. i understand where you are coming from.

i was not into higher performance sleds back when these came out. some of the last ones where a proaction from what i have read over the years.

i do know that the pogo vmax tunnel is about 1" wider than the sx/sxr sleds. so spacers will most likely need to be added for the sx suspension to work. i have a donor vmax 600 st that i was going to take the rear suspension out of and put it into an old ss 440 until i discovered the tunnel difference. if you where closer, i would tell you to come get that one as i cannot see using it as it will be a bunch more work for me to use it.
Thank you. I may not fool with it then. I'll keep looking for a 96 skid, one will come up when I'm not looking. The kid can ride it here like it is.

I would have thought there would be so much more that has done this mod on the 84 and 85 Vmax sleds. They still sell pretty quick on market place. What is the easiest skid to install? Polaris?

Well, still kicking around changing out the skid on the old 95 Vmax. I got a couple ski doo skids real cheap. 1 sc-10lll and a sc-3. I finally found a guy the kind of explains what he did with a video. Going to give it a try shortly.

Back