Rider forward SX Viper?

Bjowett

Has anyone ever considered modifying the chassis/steering gate/bodywork a smidge to push the rider forward? Polaris did this for a very brief time circa 03/04 on their 440 race sled, known as the Pro XR... a bit of a stopgap race machine until the IQ chassis emerged. There are many seat swaps on here, mostly to ease and improve rider sit to stand motions. So why not go a little further and do it right?

Lol! I remember that sled… crazy mod, very cool. I’d like to keep the sled based a bit more on the looks of the Viper… best looking trailing arm sled produced, IMO.

Just A seat upgrade and some Handel bar risers go a long way for Rideability.

The Polaris seats are much cheaper than a BOSS seat.

Screenshot_20221228-092410_Gallery.jpg

Agreed. I just want to try and take it a little further.

I’m considering a 2007+ Phazer seat, maybe slightly shortened, with a suspension type mount. I have full Ohlins Shocks for the sled, so a small Ohlins MTB air or coil shock under the seat will work well. Also considering the Phazer fuel tank to keep it trim and maneuverable, but it only holds 8.1 gallons.

Here’s the Polaris Pro XR 440. Steering post moved above the engine, stock hood trimmed several inches, I think the footwells may even been bumped forward.
6FD92A2A-8CB7-4AF7-8B6A-A9EFC45D1E1C.jpeg

Back