1979 Yamaha enticer 250 problem

Indyguy

I have a Yamaha enticer 250 that doesn’t idle properly and when you give it fuel it bogs, it revs up and dies down constantly, any ideas?

Admit to not knowing you sled ....Basics ... air has to leave the exhaust to draw air/fuel in carb... i disconnect
the muffler and put shop vac in pipe to make sure no mouse nest etc.
Cracked fuel line in tank above fuel line can draw air .. i have 1977 Pr's and have seen the bottom filter
break off and only draw fuel from a fuller tank.
Cracked impulse line doesn't allow enough fuel to be pumped consistently .
i seem to have lost my parts catalog favorites , Mikuni style ?? and is this a new problem or it came with it
from sitting around ?
Good luck
Ron

Admit to not knowing you sled ....Basics ... air has to leave the exhaust to draw air/fuel in carb... i disconnect
the muffler and put shop vac in pipe to make sure no mouse nest etc.
Cracked fuel line in tank above fuel line can draw air .. i have 1977 Pr's and have seen the bottom filter
break off and only draw fuel from a fuller tank.
Cracked impulse line doesn't allow enough fuel to be pumped consistently .
i seem to have lost my parts catalog favorites , Mikuni style ?? and is this a new problem or it came with it
from sitting around ?
Good luck
Ron
it had a mikuni carb swap in it and when I first bought it it seemed to run fine but it spits fuel out of the carb now

Ran fine when bought it ... for minutes , days , years ? You are sure exhaust is clear .. them monsters can move in
overnight . Did they remount a still air box as most sleds spit back some fuel. Excessive fuel can sometimes be
caused by parking the sled down hill to front with a full tank . Recall Deere trailfires having the ability to empty
the fuel tank in a week when left on the trailer with hitch on ground. Leaves a lot in pipe as well as crankcase .
Ron

Ran fine when bought it ... for minutes , days , years ? You are sure exhaust is clear .. them monsters can move in
overnight . Did they remount a still air box as most sleds spit back some fuel. Excessive fuel can sometimes be
caused by parking the sled down hill to front with a full tank . Recall Deere trailfires having the ability to empty
the fuel tank in a week when left on the trailer with hitch on ground. Leaves a lot in pipe as well as crankcase .
Ron
It ran fine for about a year, it has no air box, the exhaust is rodent free, it’s been sitting flat For awhile

Running on empty for ideas . the tiniest speck can block the main jet.. expecting this is
current , clean mixed fuel ( no provision for oil pump on Mik) ..Bought a used eltigre
and it would only launch with wide open throttle and full choke....
Someone had lost the bowl drain screws and put two in that were too long
and they were directly under the main and sealed them shut.
Back fire recently and sheared flywheel key?
How about mounting boot for carb loose or cracked ?
Has this sled got a frozen throttle cable lock ?? to over ride ignition when stuck (or think its stuck.
Can disconnect kill/ tether wire and try again ... making sure its not stuck open.. later Yams had TORS
Thats about all i've got for weird things i've had happen
Ron

Back