Trail Riding Phazer II Speeds?

bird

Got my 1993 Phazer II out on the trails Monday. This is my first time riding a snowmobile on trails. The trail system here is gravel bike trails groomed for sleds.

My question is what is an average trail speed for this sled on a packed trail? I was averaging 30-40 comfortably. When I had it on the lake, it was going 60+ on the ice without trying. Trying to hit 50 on the trail almost seemed impossible, and a bit scary.

What's the top speed on packed snow for these machines?

My main question behind all this is, I think need to rebuild my skid. I can feel the drag.

On Wisc. trails that are about 12' wide with trees on each side 40-45 is tops for me. I have friends that like to ride way faster to each their own. If I want pure speed I can ride on a lake, I enjoy taking in the views.

On Wisc. trails that are about 12' wide with trees on each side 40-45 is tops for me. I have friends that like to ride way faster to each their own. If I want pure speed I can ride on a lake, I enjoy taking in the views.
Thanks. Over 40 feels too fast for full on brakes if you had react to an act of god.... I also need to get a full face helmet. I didn't ride to far or fast my first time out.

I ride Standup jet skis on open water, so going to a narrow trail is a big change!

a phazer II should be able to hit 80 mph wound right out in good conditions. trail speed is whatever you are comfortable riding at.

Back