Kiehin QC08 Carb question

Frostyx31

Good afternoon, I just puchased a 1979 ET 250 with a Kiehin QC08 Carb. Yamaha # I think, is 8G501. I am not familiar w these carbs at all. I am reading that the bolt on bottom is a tpe of fuel control. Sled runs ok at higher speeds, but bad bog at low speed and crancase loads with fuel when parked. The fuel line that measures fuel that the bolt adjustment supplies is completely full. Should it be. Is there a starting point to set this bolt at. I am waiting for rebuild kit to arrive. Unfortunatley cant find needle and seat. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Gordon

Good afternoon, I just puchased a 1979 ET 250 with a Kiehin QC08 Carb. Yamaha # I think, is 8G501. I am not familiar w these carbs at all. I am reading that the bolt on bottom is a tpe of fuel control. Sled runs ok at higher speeds, but bad bog at low speed and crancase loads with fuel when parked. The fuel line that measures fuel that the bolt adjustment supplies is completely full. Should it be. Is there a starting point to set this bolt at. I am waiting for rebuild kit to arrive. Unfortunatley cant find needle and seat. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Gordon
I don't think the correct rebuild kit is available, but there are kits that work except you have to make holes for the choke circuit passage or the choke won't work.

I don't think the correct rebuild kit is available, but there are kits that work except you have to make holes for the choke circuit passage or the choke won't work.
Thank you, I was lucky enough to find a guy with some (new) old parts. Would you have any idea where I can start with the bolt on bottom of carb.

sounding like you have a split diaphram in the fuel pump part of the carb. dad's et250 did the same thing and that is what it took to fix it.

A lot of people struggle with these carbs and want to switch them out for a slide carb.
They are a different animal, but I've always been able to get the machine running good with them.
The adjuster screw on the bottom is used to raise or lower the fuel level in that glass tube on the side of carb.(with the machine running)

Back