02 SRX Clutching and Jetting at 5,000-7,000 feet?

yamisrx

Hey everyone, I'm planning on taking my SRX on a trip to the Black Hills in Western SD and I'm trying to determine what to do for clutching and jetting. There are lots of trails and some off trail stuff for riding in the 5,000-7,000 ft, range. I think I have a decent idea for jetting but welcome any input. I have stock clutching in the machine now with Hauck clutch kit coming for my normal elevation of 1,500 feet. I ordered this stuff before the trip came up or I would have checked with Hauck. I have another srx as a parts sled that I'm pretty sure was used for mountain or higher elevation riding that I may be able to use the clutching from. It has 8AB-01 weights with oem rivets installed. Any idea how that weight would act?

Last edited:

It really depends on what kind of terrain you are going to be riding in and how aggressive you will be riding. If you are going to be mainly on trails, then the 8AB-01 weights should work just fine. However, if you plan on doing some serious off-trail riding, then you may want to look into getting some heavier weights (such as 10AB-01 or 12AB-01). As far as jetting goes, you'll want to adjust the jetting accordingly to the elevation. You'll want to adjust the air screw, the needle, and the main jet. You can either do some research on what jetting works best for your elevation or you can just do some trial and error to find the best combination for your sled. Good luck and have fun on your trip!

Last edited:

Back