Yamaha Srv540 tuned Pipe

Kahllin

I picked up an 81 srv and have been putting it through the works, seat redo, changing out old lines and rebuilding carb and fuel pump. The last thing I need to get her running like a top again is preferably an AAEN single pipe as this is what was on it before, and I don’t want to have to change much. Unfortunately I took off my pipe for inspection since all my listed work changed nothing, and what I discovered was the insides in pieces rattling around. I would weld it back together but the baffle cone is what’s broken the most, hard to replicate without the proper tools. So if anyone has a single aaen or psi pipe laying around I will gladly buy it off you.

AAEN has silencer repacking/rebuild kits for his pipes. Give him a call it can be repaired easy.

I recall that they do have parts for silencer rebuild but I don’t know that they would send me just the cone which is a part specially tuned to my the srv540 engine

When opening up the pipe to find where the break was I cut on the wrong side of the weld, my mistake. But unfortunately I live in Alaska and I’d have to travel down to anchorage area to find a shop capable of building/fixing pipes not a single person in Delta or Fairbanks that has the knowledge and tools to make a new cone that is tuned to my machine. So I broke down and ordered a new pipe from aaen, thanks for the input.

When opening up the pipe to find where the break was I cut on the wrong side of the weld, my mistake. But unfortunately I live in Alaska and I’d have to travel down to anchorage area to find a shop capable of building/fixing pipes not a single person in Delta or Fairbanks that has the knowledge and tools to make a new cone that is tuned to my machine. So I broke down and ordered a new pipe from aaen, thanks for the input.
Wow, I'm surprised they're still available.

Back