Aaen clutch tuning

clarky1320

Hi, I just joined the site even though I have been reading forums on here for years. I have a 2001 SRX 700 and I have an aaen secondary with factory primary. Sled originally had a hymark secondary with an unknown helix, it was keeping up with all the new stuff pretty good but it needed rollers and could not find any for it which is why I switched clutches. I was going to do the 8bu weights as I've read really good things about them. The have a 52/48 helix and a 48/42 helix. I know aaen has a 54/46 and a 56/44 that I can purchase also. I'm still am trying to understand the tuning of the clutch's still and im having a hard time with it. I have been reading tons of forms and also found the tuning charts. I primary ride off trail and do some on trail and rail grades. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Hi, I just joined the site even though I have been reading forums on here for years. I have a 2001 SRX 700 and I have an aaen secondary with factory primary. Sled originally had a hymark secondary with an unknown helix, it was keeping up with all the new stuff pretty good but it needed rollers and could not find any for it which is why I switched clutches. I was going to do the 8bu weights as I've read really good things about them. The have a 52/48 helix and a 48/42 helix. I know aaen has a 54/46 and a 56/44 that I can purchase also. I'm still am trying to understand the tuning of the clutch's still and im having a hard time with it. I have been reading tons of forms and also found the tuning charts. I primary ride off trail and do some on trail and rail grades. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
I would recommend buying a clutch kit from Ulmer or Hauck, or whoever has them available still.
The stock clutching was decent. I really liked the factory weights. I always thought the best change may be just to get a helix with a slightly steeper initial angle, but finishes the same as stock, 47 degrees, while leaving the primary stock.

Thanks, I'll look into a clutch kit from them. I'll try a different helix first and see how that affects it from the previous clutch setup I had.

If you have the bucks and they are still available I really liked my heal clickers with the recommended cam. I tried a couple other setups before those and it wasn't even close. Pay attention to mrviper700 posts if you haven't already. There are a lot of people that have posted an amazing amount of info here through the years, but I feel there is nobody better than him.

Thanks, I looked into heal clickers for a short amount time and then found a lot of posts about using factory weights. I'll see what's out there for heal clickers now. I think I spent a few weeks looking through everyone's posts to see who likes what and why. Can be a little overwhelming sometimes when you start reading through all the different ways people go about it.

Absolutely overwhelming, You are right. Better to have too much info that too little. I also liked not having to drill out the rivets. No matter which way you go you will need to dial it in for your particular machine. Good luck :)

Back