96 VMAX service manual question

korn16ftl3

I'm looking for a service manual for my 96 VMAX first 3 engine/vin #s 8CA. A parts retailer told me the part # for the manual I wanted was LOT-12618-VX-01 VX500/600 (U-W). I tracked this manual down on eBay and ordered it but under the machine identification page 8CA is not listed so I'm assuming the manual doesn't cover my sled.

The way these service manuals are titled makes absolutely no sense to me...I'm used to being able to state the make model and year and just get a manual but that doesn't seem to be the case here.

I'm currently looking at this manual on ebay

but I don't want to order it because I'm unsure if this is even the right manual due to the strange titling system for Yamaha manuals.

Can someone please help me find the correct and up to date service manual for my sled.

An explanation of the Yamaha service manual title system would be great if someone knows how that works. It would help me to help myself if I need to.

I've attached a photo of the machine identification page for the manual I did purchase. Perhaps someone would like to trade or buy it?

Attachments

• IMG_20230727_152604.jpg
    IMG_20230727_152604.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 1

i was not into high performance sleds back then, so i have no idea how the manual designations work for the high power sleds.

we do have the manual you are looking for but they are only for vip/lifetime site members. if you become vip, i can send you a link to the manual you need.

helps keep the site going and you get some swag as well. it is worth it.

i was not into high performance sleds back then, so i have no idea how the manual designations work for the high power sleds.

we do have the manual you are looking for but they are only for vip/lifetime site members. if you become vip, i can send you a link to the manual you need.

helps keep the site going and you get some swag as well. it is worth it.
Holy pricey lol not 2ur memberships or anything smaller? I've got no issues keeping a site up but $150 in one shot is quite a bit. Specially since I'm spending 100+ this week on some carbs for this sled.

Need to get this engine running....I want to build a 100mph go-kart out of it as we do not see mass amounts of snow in the parts of Michigan that I live in.

one year only in the options is only $15.00 witch is the 2nd one down.

Indidnt see other options I seen the $150 and it kinda scared me off lol.

Does a one year get me access to thevmanual im persuing?

one year only in the options is only $15.00 witch is the 2nd one down.
Ok paid for a 1 year with single service manual request.

Now how to find the service manual for my 8CA 96 VMAX sled 😁

Everything I seem to have found out in the wild wasn't for my particular model this far, but I know it exists somewhere.

Back