02 SRX 700 Primary Clutch Options???

yamisrx

Hello, my 02 SRX 700 primary clutch is starting to show some small stress cracks at the bottom of the sheaves. What's my best options to repair or completely replace it before I have a big issue on my hands? It looks like Yamaha still sells the sheaves but they are pricy and I need someone to put them on for me or buy the special tools to do it. I also had some people suggest a new 4 stroke model clutch from something like an Apex claiming they were more heavy duty and bolt right on if I swap my spring and weights.

I would think that's your best option, way more cost effective. These clutches have history of hairline cracking from the heat i believe.

i have cracked the apex clutch the same way but that sled has over 22000 mi on it now. a low milage used one would be my choice as well.

I ended up getting a used Apex clutch with around 2,800 miles. The seller included a purple Maxx performance spring with it. Is that any good? I'm currently using a black Hauck Racing spring.

just use what came out of your old clutch in the new one and you will be fine.
That was my plan but I was curious what the purple spring was like. Hard to find any information on it other than the rates it has.

Back