1999 sx600 Triple ~ No Spark

Bubacav

Hi, I parked the sled indoors this spring. Went to start it this fall and nothing. Flywheel had light rust which I sanded it off. Still no spark. Kill Switch and Key good and wires show no wear that I could find. Considering trying an aftermarket PU coil. Has anyone had luck going this route vs whole new stator?
Please advise

I recently bought a 3rd Vmax 700 triple for dirt cheap non running with no spark. I pulled the flywheel off to see a stator chewed to hell by mice. Replaced stator and cleaned carbs/drained gas and it runs mint after sitting outside for 8yrs.

Yes, I've used them. Had good luck. Are you from Canada or USA?
Have you ohm tested the old one? If they fail they are almost always open.

Thanks for the info.
Im not great on ohms but I did test it and it was OL which I think is open but I would not be too proud to learn otherwise.

I recently bought a 3rd Vmax 700 triple for dirt cheap non running with no spark. I pulled the flywheel off to see a stator chewed to hell by mice. Replaced stator and cleaned carbs/drained gas and it runs mint after sitting outside for 8yrs.
Thank You
It looks good and no sign of mice.

Hi Everyone, I replaced the pick-up coil and it fired right up and runs fine. Once running I noticed that the 12v have for helmet & phone were not working and that once I revved it up I blew both headlight and tail light. I'm thinking the voltage regulator is bad but not sure. It is not electric start so there is no battery. Any suggestions on how to troubleshoot would be most appreciated.

usually if the headlight went really bright and then blew, the voltage regulator is toast. make sure you check the harness under the engine for rub throughs as that can burn out the regulator as well.

Back