2001 phazer need to find trigger wire for a relay

rkkoeb

so I just installed a heated seat on my sons 2001 phazer and I also add a relay so he doesn't forget to turn the seat off at end of the day. With that said I need a 12 volt trigger wire for the relay. A hot source that only comes on when the sled is on. Any help for location would be great

The only issue with that is I have to run the trigger wire all the way up the the headlight and with this style of machine and the hood opening it would be kinda a pain to do. Rather find something around the engine area. Is there a fuse box on this sled that I could tie into?

you could tie into the tail lamp wire as it does the same thing. heck it shares same power source as headlight dimmer switch witch there should be a plug to get to by the airbox for carbs.

Ok I tried the tail lamp wire and it didn't activate the relay. If I tough the trigger wire on the relay to the positive side of the battery it triggers. This is the relay that I am using with a positive trigger. Not sure why I can't get it to trigger with the tail lamp wire

that is because the light system on these sleds are ac not dc. if it has reverse, try the power supply for the back up alarm. burnt up some led headlights on betsy because of that.

Brown wire from the key switch goes to the reverse buzzer. Try that one. According to my wiring diagram it is live(DC) with the key 'on'.

That worked. Thank you so much. Does the brown wire feed anything else other than the reverse buzzer?

Back