Redhead 700 gasket mod

corms

When doing a redhead gasket mod do u need higher octane or do any jetting at all ?

Van anyone help with yamaha xt 700 read head over reving to 9500 rpm

I have several with this mod. All run fine on 91 octane here at 1700 elevation.
Would know anything of 700 red head over reving to 9500 rpm just changed the stator with a used oem stator I had picked up runs good finally did a lake run over reving to 9500 before it was only 8300 to 8400 rpm and plugs were white

sounds like air leak and it is leaning out. check crank seals and reed boxes with brake cleaner or quick start while running to confirm this.

Would know anything of 700 red head over reving to 9500 rpm just changed the stator with a used oem stator I had picked up runs good finally did a lake run over reving to 9500 before it was only 8300 to 8400 rpm and plugs were white
How old were these plugs?
If they were recently replaced, it takes many miles for them to color up.

A red head over reving is the norm if it’s all stock. I had a stock 1997 700SX that did the same thing.
They ran a 8CH belt, which is no longer made. Now you have to use a 8DN belt which I feel is a harder material.
What belt are you running?

A red head over reving is the norm if it’s all stock. I had a stock 1997 700SX that did the same thing.
They ran a 8CH belt, which is no longer made. Now you have to use a 8DN belt which I feel is a harder material.
I agree, and the clutch kits worked very well on these.

8dn but i changed the belt and running back down to 8400 now and ripping hard

Back