Srx700 lake racer set up.

nelsonhouse

I have bought a 1998 srx 700. I like it. I would like to set it up for top speed out on the lake. I pin the the throttle 1 km at a time and it’s pretty fun. First time owning a srx 700. Not much snow this year. So i’m having fun out on the lake. So far I got it up to 95 mph. With 22/39 gearing. I previously had 21/40 gears on there and got 91 mph. I have 8dn00 primary weights on there. And it looks like there maxed out on weight rivets. What would be the max weight on these weights with max rivet weights. I have a 51/43 helix on the secondary. I’ll have to check the colour of spring. Twist is set at 70. The main jets are 147. Fuel screw 1.5 turns. It seems a bit boggy in the mid range. Not sure what the needle settings are and what needles are in there. I’m assuming stock. Pilot jet is stock. I would like to get this srx 700 up to 100 mph on the lake. With the current gears of 22/39. Is this possible?

Why so conservative?
WE used to run 118 top speed on the radar gun with these completely stock.
Get the stock gearing back in it first of all or even higher. 23/37 is stock.
Stock jetting is 146/146/148(mag)
Target RPM 8500
Also, the power valves are known to be a problem on these with the cables pulling through the ends. Sometimes the end of the cable breaks or frays also. It's imperative that the power valves are in good working order and set right or you won't achieve maximum speeds.

Back