Help for my sxr 700 (2000)

Seasickdewey

Just bought a sxr today and I’m seeing what I can do to make this bad boy go good and fast for racing as far as I know it’s stock but a little clean any power mods recommendations would be nice also first yamaha sled

Okay I’m gonna look these up, also are reeds are good idea? I was told there is after market ones on but I can’t tell if I upload a picture would someone be able to tell me if there’s work done to the reeds also I was told a hawck orange spring would make my clutch better along with blue heads from a srx would this give the sled the power it needs? I think the springs in it are green and black but im not sure i will look at it in the morning

Okay I’m gonna look these up, also are reeds are good idea? I was told there is after market ones on but I can’t tell if I upload a picture would someone be able to tell me if there’s work done to the reeds also I was told a hawck orange spring would make my clutch better along with blue heads from a srx would this give the sled the power it needs? I think the springs in it are green and black but im not sure i will look at it in the morning
Don’t really have to change reeds just do stopper notch or spacer.

Srx heads on SX? Have not seen that before.

They won't interchange, not even maybe.

Okay thanks for the reply’s I have a few more questions here are the pictures before I spend money on reed stoppers and someone to put them on can anyone tell me if there’s work done to the reeds? And some of the clutch tends to be after market to buy im not 100%

Attachments

• B55DC023-CE55-4AFA-883E-170D0E13B1B3.jpeg
    B55DC023-CE55-4AFA-883E-170D0E13B1B3.jpeg
    689.2 KB · Views: 6
  • E724D44F-72D4-4BA9-AF82-342CB8662A11.png
    E724D44F-72D4-4BA9-AF82-342CB8662A11.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 6
Okay thanks for the reply’s I have a few more questions here are the pictures before I spend money on reed stoppers and someone to put them on can anyone tell me if there’s work done to the reeds? And some of the clutch tends to be after market to buy im not 100%
It already has aftermarket reed spacers and that is a clutch kit. Maybe Hauck?
Just make sure all clutch components are in good working order.

Yes it works perfect I was reving it up today and changed the plugs she sounds mean lol so I think I’m gonna leave the clutch then if it’s got a clutch kit already, and yes it says hauck on the helix casing. And okay I already have the reed stoppers so should I add or do anything to the reeds? If it has a little bit of work done to it I might just add a can what would be a good one to put on to it or should I leave the stock one on it and leave the sled how it is these are my last questions lol thanks everyone

Yes it works perfect I was reving it up today and changed the plugs she sounds mean lol so I think I’m gonna leave the clutch then if it’s got a clutch kit already, and yes it says hauck on the helix casing. And okay I already have the reed stoppers so should I add or do anything to the reeds? If it has a little bit of work done to it I might just add a can what would be a good one to put on to it or should I leave the stock one on it and leave the sled how it is these are my last questions lol thanks everyone
Some guys modded the stock muffler as @MrSled suggested. Or you can buy a can, but check your area for sound tolerance as some of these are very loud.

If you post a pic of your reeds we can tell if they're stock or not.
Yeah I’m in Cape Breton (canada) and all everyone does done here is sled so there’s no laws on the pipes/cans unless you going on privet trails. This is the best picture I have of my reeds as I dont wanna take it apart but someone has said there is after market spacers on it,

Attachments

• 659A9428-3B53-4407-BCFC-B1615673F122.jpeg
    659A9428-3B53-4407-BCFC-B1615673F122.jpeg
    689.2 KB · Views: 2

Back