2004 Viper Low rpm bog

700sxvermonter

I just cleaned the carbs and changed the reed petals because I had some reeds that were no good. Before I did this I noticed some low rpm bog and now even after I did this I am still noticing some lower rpm bog. Once I get up little higher in the rpms it runs great. What am I not doing right? Plugs are new, fuel is fresh. It seems to be a little more smokey then usual too. Any suggestions would be great. This is the first time I have ever cleaned the carbs so I imagine I'm missing a important part. Maybe the float is sticking and I'm getting too much fuel at idle? I live in upper New England so I'm trying to get this corrected before the real snow actually gets here 😂😂 thanks in advance

How many miles on the sled?
Is the fuel mileage good or bad?
Are the exhaust valves in good working order?
You can remove the servo motor cover and watch to see if its functioning properly.

How many miles on the sled?
Is the fuel mileage good or bad?
Are the exhaust valves in good working order?
You can remove the servo motor cover and watch to see if its functioning properly.
The Speedo stopped working around 2400 miles I'm guessing I got about 4000 on it now. Fuel mileage seemed to be ok last time I rode it. I cleaned the power valve and they seemed to be working good in my opinion. I have not checked the servo motor yet. Thank you for the suggestion on what to check

Back