Two cylinders no spark

700sxvermonter

I have a 2004 viper ER . I'm having some sort of issues with power. The motor cranks over great and the battery seems to have plenty of juice. When I pull the plugs out clutch side and middle cylinder don't spark but the other one sparks.

Your 2004 Viper fires each cylinder individually so if your flywheel and its triggers are rusted or damaged the corresponding cylinder would not fire.
No spark things to check:
-wiring to the coils....check not damaged or unplugged
-spark plugs......replace with proper plug BR9ES properly gapped
-spark plug caps....remove and check for 5000omh resistance also check plug wires for damage you could try moving the caps around and see if the problem follows specific plug caps
-check and clean flywheel
-inspect the overall sled wiring harness for damage or connections
-test coils...like the caps you could move coils around to see if no spark condition follows

Your 2004 Viper fires each cylinder individually so if your flywheel and its triggers are rusted or damaged the corresponding cylinder would not fire.
No spark things to check:
-wiring to the coils....check not damaged or unplugged
-spark plugs......replace with proper plug BR9ES properly gapped
-spark plug caps....remove and check for 5000omh resistance also check plug wires for damage you could try moving the caps around and see if the problem follows specific plug caps
-check and clean flywheel
-inspect the overall sled wiring harness for damage or connections
-test coils...like the caps you could move coils around to see if no spark condition follows
I did check wires today and found a broken wire that leads to the coil packs. I cut it and repaired it with water tight connector. After repairing the wire I seem to still not be getting spark. I have not checked ohms on the plug caps yet. When I check and clean fly wheel do I need to take that big nut off if so what size is it and what's the best way to get it off ?

I don't remember the flywheel nut size but dont even attempt to get the flywheel off without a proper flywheel puller or you will be dealing with even bigger issues.

Back