SXR What is High miles?

nailsandrails

VIP Member
I am looking at purchasing a 00 SXR with 6400 miles. What is your guys opinions on mileage? I'm not worried abut it, but I would like to hear what kind of miles you guys are running before a rebuild...Thanks!!

That's what I was thinking. I figure I could ride it for a year or two then rebuild.. ALSO... Anyone know what a 00 stock SXR 700 is going for? Prices seem to be dirt cheap right now.

17,000 km on my buddies 2000 regular vmax power inc pipes reeds etc he has had no problems with the motor everything else well you ride it you break it you fix it as for price 2000 sxr's 700's 4500-5300 cdn depending on milage and or condition.

Just turned 9,000 miles on my 02 Viper, no problems other then bushings & bearings, which you'll probably have to do with 6,000 + miles.

I've just turned 18000 kilometers. Just changed clutch bushings, never touched the motor, 1 drive chain and 2 drive shaft bearings, thats about it other than regular maintenance.

5,500 miles on my '01. Nothing been replaced, except when the waterpump went bad. Going to do the suspension bushings after this year, they are starting to get a little sloppy, but we ride in some real garbage, choppy stuff sometimes. I like em nice and tight ;)!

Check the classifieds, a guy has a very good deal on a 700 SXR. My buddy has a 00 SXR 700 with over 8000 miles, motor and clutches have never been touched and this sled was ridden HARD!

Back