Went to the U.P. with the SRV

NorthernIllinois

Went up to the U.P. this past weekend and we had a great time!! Put on 450 miles in 2-1/2 days, it wasn't as crowded as I thought it would be and the trails were pretty darn good except north of Vansville due to a groomer being broken, here is a pic of my SRV "action" photo.

Attachments

• uptripsrv.JPG
    uptripsrv.JPG
    114.8 KB · Views: 48

looks like you either are or were a doo rider, judging by the suit ;) nice pic, and real nice mileage!

I have had both Yamaha and Ski Doos and can't really bash either one, but I still get impressed by that darn SRV everytime I ride it!! 800 miles since it's first rebuild and PSI is 125 on both cylinders, I saw some older sleds than mine up there but never saw another SRV!! It was kinda funny when I would drive by a group that was taking a break I could see some of them pointing at me, I don't know if that is good or bad? Who cares anyway, I had fun, maybe they were pointing and saying " Hey look at that guy, his helmet is worth more than the sled!!!"

Those SRV's were great sleds - I had one just like yours, and it was a blast to ride - had to be one of the best fan cooled motors ever built

Srv's Rock!!!

I own 2 an '83 and an '86. Can't hardly kill them. The '86 is piped,mildly ported, bored carb, and geared down 1 tooth. Quick and a decent ride. Just need better brakes,LOL!! Keep premium fuel in them and jet for conditions and they will surpise a LOT of newer iron!

Later, Dave ;)! ;)!

ahhhh,what memories,my wife and i use to ride `86 &`89 srv`s we had some really good times on them srv`s.
my `89 had some porting and a bore to cylinders piped and clutched,studded track. and boy o boy this sled rocked.my brother had a `88 570 exciter piped and clutched and the srv would just walk him.it was great,lol.
i sold them due to upgrading to newer sleds i think im gonna buy a srv sometime this year coming up.had more fun on the old iron.

Back