2000 VMAX 600 Clutching

Viper Treats

A buddy of mine has a couple 2000 Vmax 600's, both are over-revving, which I heard is typical of that sled with the new hard belts. Anyone re-done the primary weights in one of these and know what weight/rivets to buy. They are running 9000 RPM. Thanks.

go under sxr600 in the tec pages and you will find a good clutch set up. or wait for turk to respond to your post

just pick an agressive trail set-up you like. you dont have to drive it that way. my brother followed turks advice for his viper and it smoothed the sled right out. pulls the hills good at any speed, smooth power transfer over stock and when you have the space to wack on it it takes off and runs! we mostly trail run with a stop whenever we find really good powder to play in. most of the tripple set-ups on here he helped tune or made the setup.

From looking at the 00 SXR 600 on the chart, it says to try a 2.4g in the 1st hole. Wondering if the 8AB-00 is the stock weight?

no it has 8-dg stock in that year sxr. that is the same weight the ventures run stock. the 8ab is heavyer base weight with a different profile. supposed to be the best weight for smaller displacement motors.

you can use the 8AB or you can make your 8DG's work if you load them up good and get a helix on there

depends how bad it is over revving, they even make a 5 gram rivet, i know maxx perf has them

FYI, I put a 4.5 g (17.2 mm) in the outer holes. The first Vmax ran perfect, right down to 8300. The second, was a little under, about 8000 and not a good pull, it may have a bad belt, and I need to tighten the secondary a notch. But much improved.

Back