pics of my racers

montynormand

hasn't been much going on here, so thought I'd post a picture of my little one lunger racers. '71 full mod (left) and '72 stock (right) both are GP292's
not the best picture, but what ya think?

Love the old Yamahas (the best). My first Sled was a 71 SL 292. All I can say about it is it never broke down on me and was faster than my neibors 340 moto-ski nuvik. Right now I am in the process of restoring the second sled I owned. 78 Enticer 340. When I complete it I will post some pictures.

hey, those things have short tracks under them!!! jk, they are pretty neat :) post some more pics. and what is the deal with the short tracks?

Nice ol' schoolers!

...I added a homemade belt cooler to the GP292B, ...when cold it runs 60mph, ...and maintains a steady 50+mph thereafter, ...I've also added a shim between the weights and the shieve (she shifts out all the way when hot). I'm thinking of swapping my MSRX with my son, ...this thing is a ball, ...60mph. little over 300lbs., ...barely any track, ...30deg. tipover, ...downright scary. :rockon:

Attachments

• GPintak.jpg
    GPintak.jpg
    299.8 KB · Views: 27
Hey like the belt cooler idea... if SRX-eh thinks his 292 is tippy.... try riding my mod pictured above! 52hp running aluminum skies w/10 carbides and a short 98" track (120+ ice pics)!!!
Foot print for the sled is roughly 5 feet. Getting on the throttle out of a corner the front will lift both skies, hold on tight and turn left.
The track conversions were done so that I could: A) use internal drives instead of the single center drives: B) weight savings of 15-20 pounds: C) turn on a dime!
I have to admitt though, I did go too short with the mod sled. Next year I am putting in the same 108" track thats under the stocker.

Is that a slider or boggie suspension? ...and what did you pull it from? ...do these ol' schooler primary clutches always run so hot?, ...I get lots of shiftout when they're cool.

Both sleds are boggie suspensions. Boggies were modified to ride between the drives on the track, much like a rail set up. In my series I need to stay production line chassis made before 1974. There is a loop hole in my mod class rules which will allow me to run a slide suspension. I may put a '76 gp300 suspension in that one this summer.
The 98" track is out of a Enticer 250, and the 108" (i think) is out of a Enticer 300.
My stock clutch does not seem to get too hot, but I need to work on the Secondary this summer as it shifts up too quick. The mod sled has a comet 108c primary that needs more work. havent quite found the right combo of weights and spring yet

Back