Radar Run

yamyrider

Was in a radar run sunday. Made 3 runs...first run sucked at 85 miles an hour..second run WOPPED A## at 107 miles an hour...third run was 98 miles an hour...
How did I manage 107 miles an hour...I know my first run was going to be bad since I did not let the machine warm up and was running ruff.
I warmed her up good before the second run.

Attachments

• radar run resize.JPG
    radar run resize.JPG
    59.6 KB · Views: 21

2 layers of head gasket removed, reed spacers, clutched, camoplast preditor with 96 studs, bender can, adjustable transfer rods and new NTN racing bearings. And I added octane boost in the tank yesterday.
There was jetting changes but they were done by someone else and I am not sure what the jetting is.

and what is this octane booster stuff? my friend went from 82 to 92 mph in 1000' on his XC by adding 2 bottles of it....

Heimdall, the speedo or drem meter showed about 185km or a little higher.
That would be around 115 miles per hour. But then it is hard to tell exactly at that speed.

SRXXX86...the octane boost is something I got from a speed shop.
You add about an once for a full tank of gas...they say it will help but I dont know....first time ever in a radar run and using the boost. I put some in yesterday and went on a 200km ride..I was passing a Formula III on the lake easy enough as well as some XLT 680...added some more boost today and rode the machine 30km before the radar run. I let the machine sit for about 1 hour and went to run...the first run sucked since the machine was cold and running ruff.

I gotta confess I did get a head start as well....I was in line and was heading towards the track when the guy flagged me by. When I hit the starting line I had already hooked up and was at about 30 miles an hour at the starting line.
I still think 107 is a great speed......I was thinking no higher then 100.

Back