94 Vmax Bog off the line help please!!!

nosnownogo!

I've been fighting this Bog problem for some time now. I've changed out all the clutch parts both primary and secondary. The sled has GYT pipes 150 mains and 50 pilots. The problem is that when you pin it from a dead stop it just bogs till about 5500 then goes like a rocket. engagement is about 4000.
Seem to me that it's really rich on takeoff. I was thinking reeds or posibly fuel level. wot seem to be right mixture, so I am stumped. even under a no load stiuation (on a stand) it has the bog, just no as bad. Somone please help before I give up and go spen $10000 on a rx1, which might not be a bad idea. :o|

these sleds always had a bog from hell.... try bigger air screwws

Try dropping your needle jet 1 clip position, ...did you get rid of your belt problem?

hit your enricher ,then nail it...... bog go away? if it did then your too lean... and u need bigger pilots

Great idea I'll give it a try.... You think I might be lean? I thought that the main jet was reponsible for wot metering, pilot should not have a lot of affect at wot or should they?

you said u had a bog at take off, not wot? pilot controls holeshot!!

when I said take off, I meant right on the pin. holding the throdle wide open from a dead stop. this would be the mains, allthough the pilots many have a slight effect. I don't think they would be the cause. seems to be fine on a slow take off.

Back