600 vmax pipes

vmaxstorm

:rockon: my wife has a 94 vmax i bought a set of psi pipes for it off ebay the gye sent me the paper work on the jettings. i installed them this weekend it sounds great. this is my problem the paper work said main jet 156.3 that sled comes with that 155.3 all there rec are sam as stock exept for air screw adjustment stock i 1/1/8 theres 1/1/4 it runs good up to 5000 rpms when you go over that it seem to fall on it face . i also notice around the pipes alot of black run down on the starter is that becouse it getting to much oil or fuelany kind of help would be great :o|

These sleds are really hard on oil!!! could be oil. how do your plugs read? I have the same year with gyt's running 150 mains and seems to be great on top end but crap on take off.

I had a 600 with psi's. run the stock jetting , drop the needles one click, adjust your oil setting 1 or 2 mm(less oil) and watch your plugs! If still running bad ...check your primary... rollers are bad! or spider might be cracked . these had problems w / clutches. should be runnin, 8200 rpm! no more

Back