Reedspacers

norwegian

Since my friends 2001 MM 700 got reedspacers, something (float bowl) is hitting the steering column, especially noticeable at idle and low speed, and particulary when turning. Is this normal, does one just have to live with it or are they installed wrong? Whats the fix?

i think some people put extra washers under the motor mount bolts (just the rear ones) to shim it up enough to not have the float boal hit.

I did not have a problem on my 97 700SX.

Tod

If you put those shims under the motor mounts, won't it lift the motor? WHat about clutch alignment then? Hmm...

Take them out, resell them, and notch the stops. it will run better, and have no hitting problems. I have tried both, and thenotch works way better. Maxdlx

What are the backdraws? I'm afraid they will crack up and go into the motor?
There are some updated (stainless steel) ones avaiable now? What is the part #?

I notched the ss stoppers, it works excellent and no problems with cracking. The best part is it's free and takes little time to do.

yes if reed spacers are used most likely they will hit the steering column, and the back of the engine needs to be shimmed up with washers a couple mm to keep the float bowl on the center carb from rubbing on the steering column, which can be dangerous for obvious reasons. Just check the alignment and center to center after adding the washers. Easy enough. I always did the notch personally.

Back