engine swap 700 vs 600 twin

vmax700

I have a 700 vmax that I crashed, can put the 700 motor in a xtc 600 twin chassic. Is the motor plate the same or can I take the motor plate out of the 700 and put it in the 600 chassic. Anyone do this or know if this will work.

all you have to do is move the rear motor mounts to the other hole in the frame and drop it in. You'll have to change the harness and everything as well as the gears and such, install the rear heat exchanger, but if you have the wreck it's an easy swap, just time.....

Thanks for the information. Now one more question the tunnel is bent on the sled would it be easier to just change the tunnel or swapp the motor in the 600 chassic.

wow, both not the quickest of fixes, i would say around a horse a piece, just a guess though.

everything that 800 said is right.

I think you would be easyier to put the 700 in the 600 sled.
there are a ton of rivets to drill out to change the tunne, you would still have to do the rear exchanger, and to do the tunnel you would still have to pull the gears and chain case, the tank, hoses and some wiring.

I would do the 700 in the 600 chassie.

I put a triple in my 97 600 SX chassis. It was very easy but took some time like 800 said. The thing that took the most time was moving the rear motor mount as you have to remove the track to get to it.

Still wondering if you need the clutch off your wrecked 600. Sent you a PM and an email on this also.

Mike

Last edited:

Back