Boss Seats on the triples?

Jeff H

Anybody have a Boss Flattop or highrise on their triple? I'd like to see picures of one if you do. Taller bars and taller seat are something I'm considering if I get a Yamaha this summer and would like opinions from those who have changed their ergos. I've seen some discussion on bar risers also so whats the best way to go?

Pics of a Boss on a Viper

Here are a couple of pics... Boss High Rise ... 2 inches of Rise. Very Fun to Drive. I sold this sled to a fellow TY member. :yam:

Perfect...and very nice!

were the mods all positive or did you think there were some drawbacks to it? Thats exactly what I want right there!! Thanks for sharing!

Boss highrise flat top, ROX 5" riser, powermadd 2" block riser, FLY aero taper bars. The new seat and new bar set up makes a huuuuge differene in the way my sled handled.

I like having my bars so I can stand straight up and have a very slight bend in my elbows, this makes agressive stand up riding with my knees slightly bent very comfortable and I can have max leverage from my shoulders/back/arms.

The new seat makes transition from sitting to standing much easier, the seat does take some getting used to. When carving/climbing/boondocking the seat hits me inside my thigh where with the stock seat it hit me below the knee, this took about half a ride to get used to. A plus of this is that while airborn I dont need to rely soley on the bars when crossed up, now a combination of the bars and leverage on the seat from my inner thigh can bring the sled back easier. The seat is firmer than stock so if your have a sensative rear I would not recommed this seat, much like riding a MX bike in terms of width at the top.

Attachments

• DSC00222.JPG
    DSC00222.JPG
    129.1 KB · Views: 28
  • DSC00248.JPG
    DSC00248.JPG
    44.1 KB · Views: 16
  • DSC00284.JPG
    DSC00284.JPG
    93.8 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:

Back