Finally ran with the Pol!

archer

Heres the story.
Get to cabin. Find antifreeze on trailer under Polaris ('91 indy 650 w/ PSI pipes and new top end). Spend 3 hours driving around Indian River looking for water pump hose. Find hose next morning at Adventure Powersports (lots of broken Poo's there).SRX running great. Snow and trail conditions perfect.
Put hose in, sled is now backfiring.
Replace fouled plug. Finally riding!go to Burt Lake. Scott blows up belt 1/4 way across. SRX running great. Almost to other side I notice Torsion arm on Pol is hanging loose underneath. The bushing is missing. Tied in place with bailing wire. Go back across lake to Moosejaw trails. Good riding for both until we get to the powerline. Archer ALMOST rolls SRX down hill but catches it before damage is done( sorry, no pictures!). Back on trail Scott thinks Pol suspension is sick. Turned it on side and find bottom shock mount broken off. Limp back to town. Luckily he had to go slow because the gas hog was on fumes. We filled up at the same time and I still have 3/4 tank. Get them back on trailer and head back to the cabin. After we take the suspension out we find that the adjustment bolt has gouged his track down the center all the way around, destroying it. Well, at least we got 70 miles in. I let Scott ride the SRX a little, feeling bad for him. He thentells me " I dont like your sled, Doug. It jumps too much when you hit the trottle and it's too tall" !!!
Next time my wife comes with me.

Kyle I own a house over north o Maple Bay. I know your family's place. My fatherinlaw lives over in Chippewa beach. Did you have a big Crownline boat for sale out by the road a couple of years ago?

I like the ending on that story. Sorry for the probs. Well at least you got some riding in while you could. Why are friends like that?? You set up your trip...you in inspect your stuff and are ready to go...then your buddy shows up with the, my sled rules attitude, haven't had to touch it in years.....and then......BLAH!!!!! Craps all over the place. I'm mean are you serious? Bailing wire? That's just frustrating.

Friends or not your buddy needs a :ORC . You know, you wouldn't leave your buddy stranded. I have friends with the same type of stories. " I've had 'er fer 10 years and I never has to do a ting with 'er. She's some machine. " ;):DYah, untill you get up Saturday morning and have to spend 2 hours taking the carbs apart 20 times, three guys taking turns pulling it over then when you get it fired up you get 10 miles down the trail and something falls off of it. :o| Man.......the sled was nice 10 years ago..........get over it.
The blue don't fail on the trail. :yam: My 2 cents.

Hard for me to badmouth him. He got me into sledding. I just took a couple steps beyond him. Scott is actually a Cat guy but when I got the SRX ( against his best advice) he needed something a little quicker. I tell you what. I cant wait to ride a better sled than the SRX because it will be awesome. Maybe an Apex after my wife gets her boat! Yamaha makes a cool 23 footer she likes. Twin 160 hp Yami marine motors.

My parents live there,out on Hackelburg rd off mulletlake rd,We ride there lot . I hear other's talk about snowmobileing there too from this site,Maybe next year we need a ty ride there, what you think Mr Sled!

hey,
Im on the river all summer, as often as possible...

03 crownline 202 BR 5.0 mpi thru hull exhaust, spinel wine with gold diamond graphics.....

love it there......

Dont know if I remember seeing that one, Blue. We have looked seriously at Crownlines and check out every one we see. We own some frontage property on Crooked river in Alanson, right next to the log hotel. We are going to do some improvements there shortly, Maybe a marina. Where do you keep your boat in the summer?

i live in Atlanta, about 45 mins from Indian River, we boat alot there, the river cruising is fun, although that damn crooked river screws up the speedo every time... lol..... keep and eye out for her this year....

Recognize this place? We own the 8 acres to the left. 200 ft of river frontage. Now I have a place to dock the old boat but now she has outdrive troubles!

i know that spot well, just after the raging river run section, that is fun...

thanks ding, glad to see i made a favorite list....

if anyone hasnt guessed im a funeral director hence the 6 FEET under name.... and my family consists of 6 people as well....

Back