clutching 700 sx

thanks i will do that....i`m new here and am overwhelmed by the info and have not had a chance to read through everything yet!!!

just for your info: the 8CA's are ALL about bottom end, they will rip your arms off up to 80, and then fall a little flat with 100 being about the best you will see if you have everything set up decent. 8BU's are also good for bottom and mid.

8CH's and 8DF's are good all around weights, decent bottom end and good top end

8DN's are also awesome all around weights, with some killer top end (they have a lot of weight towards the tip)

Helixes and springs will obviously also have a lot to do with this information, but this is a general insight into the different ramps available from Yamaha.

thanks for the insight on the weights...been away from sleds for a few years and do not have a lot of time to experiment with different set ups.i have always kind of kept different kitted set ups around so i change things to suit who i`m riding with and where....(lakes,twisties,large groomed trail,etc..) :yam:

OK...here is one that will work. 22/40 gearing(down 1 tooth on top). Stock primary spring. 3.6 gram inner rivet, 3.1 gram outer rivet, 8dn belt, 51/43 helix at 60 degree wrap with stock secondary spring. Make sure clutch alignment & centre to cntre is with in spec. Should hit 8300-8500 rpm all day long.

I use Turks setup and works great. I did the freebie mods to the motor and find I need 4.5 g in both holes to keep under 8500 rpm's. Same gearing, 8CH's with green & w-s-w springs.Like 70* wrap for quick corner to corner riding. Always looking to try another setup though.

Back