breaking drive axles on sxr 136 help

sxrsist

VIP Member
gone through 3 know in 6 months,clips are half missing on track so it drags a little hard, but 3 of them broke , any ideas whats causing thedse,to break, i used rail ext. to long track it,dont know why but this sled always transfer and hooked hard,i bought it from bender canada and i think he put it together with varios sled parts, i think the skid was out of a 00 srx because the holes in the skid where the srx transfer rod bolts into looks like it was used at one time,also it wears the front tips off the rails i have the limiters sucked all the way in and it still transfers hard, any ideas for me

Lyle...when you transfer drivers over do not use a saw or anything sharp to scribe the marks in the drive shaft. They will break at that exact spot. Also make sure you do not run the track overly tight cus this will also make the shaft break. I busted 2 driveshafts in my MSRX due to stupidity.

Use driveshafts from 2000 or newer as they are hardened. Don't overtighten the track...if you have racheting problems change to extroverts.

i just been replacing shafts with used ones, out of a 97 and a 99, this next one is out of a 99 srx,maybe to tigght, with transfer rods it wants to be tight, i tried etroverts before and ther is not enough room in the sxr for 9 tooth

you can use 9 tooth extroverts you just have to take a little bit off of the extrovert tips so that they will clear.

This normally happens from rough trail riding with after market transfer rods set to full transfer. If your case with with unknown parts in the skid, Who knows what the real cause is. Has it taken out the chaincase each time also? ===SRXSRULE===

yup its pissin me off, the bender rods are coming off,plus cant figure out this sled rolled hard from day one, even as a short track

Back