TY 2006 Grand Marais 500 Miler

MrSled said:
LOL....not at that time....you can ride double with me...LMAO, that the closest I can get you to a demo at that time of the year....

If he doesn't take your offer Sled, I'm your Huckelberry!
I'll keep you warm too, I's got more blubber than a walrus.

Bischof said:
If he doesn't take your offer Sled, I'm your Huckelberry!
I'll keep you warm too, I's got more blubber than a walrus.
dont be like that. ;):D all three of us can fit! ;)!

how much does it cost to sign up? is there an age limit? i think i can seriously get my dad to do this. i ride with 4 other yammies and might be able to get them to come.

n2oiroc said:
im in, but looking for someone to trailer with from s.e. wisconsin if possible. i dont think my usual riding buddies would do it (wussies, i know!) i also dont think i can get the girlfriend to do the run, i havent even bought another sled for her to ride yet!

We could probably take you up with us if you wanted to go.

Cuzino19 said:
how much does it cost to sign up? is there an age limit? i think i can seriously get my dad to do this. i ride with 4 other yammies and might be able to get them to come.
I'm thinking it was something like $20 to sign up and I don't recall there being an age limit. It's really more like a poker run than a race. You "win" a hat when you start and "Finisher" patch if you compelte the run.

B2SO aka Billy Bong will have to run point on this one, I'm going to wimp out and just go for the TY Ride Thursday through Saturday.

Got a "bidniss" trip to Sunny California right in front of this ride and I can't make the schedules work. Oh well, at least I can suffer in a pleasant neighborhood. http://www.glamisdunes.com/

Tough job but somebody's got to do it. :wink:

Anybody else want to ride 500 miles in 24 hours ?? there are three people in my group that are going to ride the 500 miles on wednesday .

I would like to if the schedule works out. I was planning on riding with Steve as long as I could get away.

Hey I know that country well. Those buggies have come a long way from the contraptions that we used race. It's amazing what a little money and guys like Mickey Thompson and others have done for that sport.

I lived in Yuma, AZ for quite a while and used to frequent the dunes a bit south of Glamis. I wonder if that structure that was used for the Jabba the Hut scene in one of the Star Wars movies is still out there.

Back