Viper Springs

stein700sx

VIP Member
I just got A set of four viper springs for my 97 700sx.Just wondering what else I need for parts and if the are any special settings for the shocks.I've spent over an hour looking in the tech section but there are a lot of threads to go thru.Looking for some help.Thanx

You need long travel limiter straps, and 4 10 mm control rod spacers for stock rods, or if you have adjustable rods you need a 10.5 mm gap on top to be in stock setting. There are many different ways to set up a sled. The viper shocks and springs seem to work different than the others. Someone on here will be able to tell you how to do that. Maxdlx

Parts Needed

maxdlx said:
You need long travel limiter straps, and 4 10 mm control rod spacers for stock rods, or if you have adjustable rods you need a 10.5 mm gap on top to be in stock setting. There are many different ways to set up a sled. The viper shocks and springs seem to work different than the others. Someone on here will be able to tell you how to do that. Maxdlx

I BELIEVE YOU WILL NEED TWO UPPER BUSHINGS ( ONE FOR EACH SHOCK ) TO MOUNT THE NEW SHOCKS ON THE FRONT. YAMAHA P/N 8CR-2376B-00-00.
I AM DOING THE SAME THING TO MY 98 SX 700.

DUSTY GANEY

Last edited:

Back