78' Srx 440

TimeBomb

a friend of mine bought a 78 srx 440 today. the guy he bought it from doesn't really know anything about it and we wondered if it really is a 78' what are the decals and hood colors on the 78s? do they come with airboxes or not? what size are the stock carbs? i will have pics of it tomorrow to post

here they are, don't know why the previous owner painted the pipes green. where the black is on the hood it had been all spray painted black. some decals are covered so i don't know where the hood is supposed to be black. does anyone have pics of a 78 srx?

TIMEBOMB, PREFIX #s are 8G9 FOR 78 SRX. THIS NUMBER SHOULD BE ON CHASSIS ON RIGHT SIDE WHEN SITTING ON SLED AND ON MOTOR and cylinder heads. WHATS WITH THE GREEN PIPES. !! 3:16 (tony)

You are right, its a 78 or appears to be by the hood. The 77's had all white hoods with red stipes. Could get the numbers off the chassis. I have a 78 that is almost in show room condition. The hood is missing the 440 one the black. I can send you some pictures, but only to an e-mail address. I've to send some here, but with no success.

Back