1992 xt 350

boondoctor

Anyone have a xt 350, im thinking about looking, buying one, any comments on this bike? Hows the power, and hows it handle, im gonna primarily use it on trails.Im assuming theres a ton of aftermarket parts for this bike? Thanks guys. I realize its not a yz, or wr, but thinking it might be a nice project to play around on. Any comments.

i own one and ride it on the street and in the dirt.

mine is a 2000, 2nd last model year of them. i came off of an 1992 xt 225 onto this bike. ther are about 6 different sprocket combinations avail for the rear depending on what you are doing with the bike. for off road running id suggest the low speed set. i stayed stock with mine for what i am doing.

had a suprising amount of power espessially after the 2nd carb opens at about 1/2-3/4 throttle. has good bottom grunt too. i have hit 140kph with mine on the road with stock gearing. you will want to be careful with it if you run in the upper rpm range for extended periods as it tends to lean out (as i found out). the older ones it is usually just an adjustment, on newer ones like mine it involves a jet change like a sled.

as for aftermarket parts i havent been looking very hard so i havent found much. it will take aftermarket performance air filters (i have a uni in mine currently). you would have to get into some specs to find out if other bikes parts would fit for chassis upgrades. i do know that on some of the older ones you can remove the spark arrestor and get more power. tried it on mine and my motor pings and backfires when mine is removed so i left it in.

supposedly with a lot of off road use it is harder on lower shock bushing and rear swing arm bushings whitch are greaseable and i grease like a maniac. only otherthing i can think of is wheel bearings. off road you need to do the rear every year if you go through water lots and the front is every 2nd year. good idea to pull axles every year, i didnt one year on the 225 and had to mangle it to get it out.

anything else you want to know just ask. if i know i will post here or pm.

maim

Back