A few pics from a late season trip

Kris MM700

Website
www.pbase.com
This might have been the last great trip with alot of fresh powdersnow for this season. The temperature is starting to conquer the snow quite rapidly. But then it's nice to be able to look back at pictures like these and daydream about the next great season :rolleyes:

Attachments

• IMG_1045_800x533.jpg
    IMG_1045_800x533.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_1178_800x533.jpg
    IMG_1178_800x533.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_1161_800x533.jpg
    IMG_1161_800x533.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_1172_800x533.jpg
    IMG_1172_800x533.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_1113_800x533.jpg
    IMG_1113_800x533.jpg
    108.6 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:

Usually in a good season we have about 6 months where we can ride. Normally we can start riding in November or December and go on untill around mid-May. But we had a poor season this year with little snow throughout most of the season, so that really sucked. Atlast we were lucky to get 3 months worth of snow in 4 days in the beginning of April, so that saved the whole season this year. ;)! How is your season were you're at?

Our season her is from mid december aqnd last's untill early march yeah real short so when it comes we have to go or wait to next year!!!!!!!!!!!1 :cry: :cry: :cry:

I dont even ride around my area, i always go up to the U.P. or northern wisconsin, either near Hazelhurt (minocqua) or florence county (we have cabins in both locations). The far majority of the trips are up to the U.P., either around Baraga or Munising. The nice thing about Baraga is you can ride all the way up into the keweenaw and back for a good 350 mile day, or east as far as you can handle, or southwest over to the porkies and lake of the clouds.

Yamaholic22,We will have to hook up some time My parents have a cabin about 10 minutes from hazelhurst in Lake Tomahawk off a D by the rainbow flowage.

The Snow looks great, But not a tree in sight! I love to do technical climbs where you pick your way through the trees. Also the technical boondocking through very steep and tight trees is also a good challenge. To each there own, I'm just not a big point and shoot kind of rider.
As for riding season goes, I always start in Nov and ride until april, or May, Or maybe June this year. Utah was the place to be this year. They were riding in SEPT! and will be riding untill late Jun. Not too shaby to ride 10 months out of the year. ===SRXSRULE===

:kw

I started my season 22nd of november. And I think I did my last ride yesterday, so just short of 6 months. BUT, this morning we have 15 cm of fresh snow on the ground!! We still have about 50cm ( 20 inch ) of snow in the woods, but I like to go riding straight from my backyard , and since the snow has almost melted from town, I won`t be doing too much of riding anymore. I could load my Max to my trailer, but... We`ll see.

This is one of the benefits of livin 200km north of the arctic Circle... :D:DP

Ike

wow, when you put it like that...you are lucky where you live! Are there a lot of work opportunities there?

Job opportunities ? Well, some ofcourse.

This is a usual winter here, 6 months. We here like to say that "our summer is short, and less snowy than our winter.." I think I´ll be riding some more since the snow is still fallin,but I´m lookin forward to summer too. Got to ride ATV´s when working. ;)!

Ike

Back