00 Phazer suggestions

nailsandrails

VIP Member
I have just purchased a 00 Phazer. I looked through the posts on here and I do not see much information. Any tips you guys have on it? How is the stock clutching or Jetting? I would also like to put electric start on it. If you know anywhere to get a kit that would be helpful. I know a pipe is the best thing you can do to them, but I am going to hold off and see how it runs. It's for my girlfriend. I will also be putting a ne wtrack on it. I think that's all I have planned, so if you guys have suggestions they are appreciated!!

Great sled! IMHO I wouldn't do anything to it until you or her get a chance to drive it... might be all you need anyhow! I had a 99 Venture phazer powered and the thing was a little doggy off the line but would hang with most in the trails.... If it has steels skis ditch them for some plastics. Unless the track wiped out I wouldn't worry about it until it is.. Also I thought (could be wrong) the newer phazers didn't respond like the older ones to being piped...
And look around here or try ebay for an electric start kit... somebody has one.

Thanks Pfund. The newer Phazers still get 10-15HP out of a pipe. It doesn't look like they have changed the engine much at all. It already has aftermarket plastic skiis which I was happy about. I'll be changing the track because the newer ones are so much better and safer for my girlfriend. Good to hear you loved your old one!! I had an older style Phazer with pipe and porting. It ran extremely well to 70.. I am going to try to keep my mind focused on the fact that this one is not for me....and not hop it up :) We'll see.

I had a -00 MountainLite. Loved it, until it blew the engine... #$%&*

Snappy little thing, quite light in the trail, didn`t use too much gas etc.

Put barhooks to it, raise the bar for 1 inch ( depends how tall your girl is ), and the most important thing, PUT SOME DECENT SHOCKS TO IT. Original ones S U C K bad ! I had WP shock allround, 46mm on the skid and 36mm front. You can adjust them for your ( or her like ) like of riding, those can be rebuilded too.

And for the we`ll see part : big bore it, port it, put a pipe in to it and pair of 36mm carbs... Friend of mine had one of those. One word : WILD!!!

Ike

Last edited:
Great sled. I have one of my own and i runs well. I got a pipe for mine and itsounds great and it runs better. I want to get a clutch kit for it. My cousin Spiderviper is his username of this site and he may some more info.

;)! :WayCool: ;)!

Hi, yeah they are really great sleds I had a twin to Redsleds, 00 deluxe for a while and loved it i would really look at a pipe jut for the topend and the snap that it gives the sled. I would recomend going one size down from stock jetting it is way to rich when you get it from the dealer depending on the conditions that you ride in if you do this it is only to be done to a stock sled not with the pipe if you put on a pipe the jetting is usually pretty close. I usually ran one size down because I wanted to play it safe. also if it is for your girlfriend i would recomend putting the suspen. all the way to soft for the best ride. If you are doing the pipe i used the hauck pipe it ran great and was really reliable too. As for top speed you can expect about 80-85 mph pending on pipe and jetting. I hope you, or rather your girlfriend enjoys the new sled i know my phazer served me well. :WayCool: ;)!

Spider

P.S. Steven thats sweet you decided to get the pipe for it!!!!! :WayCool:

Last edited:
RedSled and SpiderViper have 01 Phazer 500 Deluxes.... The pipe really wakes this sled up... will easily walk away from a stocker. Stock HP is around 60ish... If you put on the Hauck pipe you will have to relo the battery if electric start.... Ride and handling is excellent.... SpiderVipers Phazer is now our back-up sled.... almost 6000 miles and runs perfect.... Stock jetting is pretty close with a pipe.. Any other questions we would be glad to answer.. ;)! ;)!

Thanks for all the great replies! What kind of gas mileage do you guys get? That's the only thing I have heard that may not be the best on them.

My mountainlite got around 19 -28 litres / 100km. It mostly depends how you ride it... and it had that 38mm lug on a 136 track, what didn`t help lowering fuel consumption!

Ike

One last question....Do they make an aftermarket pipe that is quiet? I really wouldn't want to make it much louder than stock.

We used the Hauck pipe and it is a little louder than stock but not offensive.... has a nice little buzz to it. Milage was around 15 if I remember correctly.... Better than our 500 V-max liquid for sure.... ;)! Bender racing also makes a pipe for it as well....

I liked it when it was stock absolutly nothing wrong with it but i liked the speed and the growl it gives it but like my dad said it is a littel louder but not offensive. ;)!

Big Bore

I have a big bore set that is vertually new, it came with a sled I bought for the wife, going to put it back to stock, comes with 76 mm pistons, chrome cylindersm heads and SRV racked carbs including throttle cable. I don't know anything about this kit but believe it came from a dealer in Taho New Mexico.
E mail me I don't always get on the web.

Back