problems with 2000 sx600r

stillen

guys i have a 2000 sx600r. OK hers the problem, i hope i can explain it...

off the line, the sled is a rocket. Its when i let off the throttle to slow down and then hit the throttle again to speed up I have the problem. As soon as I hit the throttle after I slow down the machine bogs down. If i come to a complete stop and then hit the throttle I am fine, it seems that if i hit the throttle anything past 3000rpms while moving it wnats to die. Did I confuse anyone..... I dont know how to be more specific......

thx for the responses so far. I'm no shadetree mechanic, can i get away with some of that spray carb cleaner or fuel additive to clean the carbs?

yes pull your airbox off,then unhook your chocke cable and throttle cable.next you will need to take off the fuel lines and coolant lines to the carbs.Then unscrew the clamps loose on the front side of the carbs.Pull them off set them off and on the bottom there is a phillips screw loosen that up and drain the fuel out of the bowls once you have that done on all three set them on a bench upside down and take out the 4 screws on the bottom of the carb then pull the cover off and take out all the jets in your carbs and clean them out with carb cleaner and airhose and spray the carbs down with carb cleaner inside and blow them out.I know I'm missing some stuff but with al the knowlagable people on here we can walk you through it.On the tech pages there is some infoi to get a better idea with pics.

Back