few more pics of my old 76 trail twister :)

03viperguy

IMG_1763.jpg

IMG_1741.jpg

just starting to do things to it again, been a long summer. anyone else got old projects like this? opinions welcomed and WANTED! :rockon:

it looks very clean.
what are you doing to it?
i have a clean '75 Yamaha GPX 433 that is going to get a complete makeover sometime in the future. i also have another '77 SRX 440 that is going to be going through a complete restoration.
too much to do, not enough time to do it.
but it sure is fun!
i have one '77 srx restored and race ready as well as a '82 skidoo 9500 Blizzard restored minty.

they are actually pretty fast as it sits. thing weighs like NOTHING (the running boards flex when I stand on them!) and makes decent power. wheelie machines for sure. but I am thinking about putting the twin pipes off of a sno-twister to see if it makes a difference. I will get it running and get some vids of the wheeilies lol! only a few more things and it will be up and running.

my what a good idea about the new engine old sled thing ;) I am actually in the process of getting another of the same thing without an engine. parts sled basically. need the front bumper from it, and if the hood is better it will go on this. with whatever is leaft I want to find a newer engine, probably a 440 rotax or something like that and bolt it in. something so I could get around or a little more than 100hp in it and take it to the lake. see how it goes though, time will tell :)

Back