Mod Me Up

VmaxSx600

Alright i was wondering if you all have some ideas on how i can improve my throttle response and HP i already got my head gaskets thinned and i got a can on it. Thanks for the help

Alright give me the low down on the reed notch stuff ive been hearing of... how do i do it?... how much more HP would you say i would gain if i did and is it a noticable difference?

you will notice a crisper throttle with the stopper mod. it is in the tech section. I did it so anyone can LOL Maxdlx

no low end burble as well with the stopper notch,did this to my sx700,made what i feel quite a noticable diffference in throttle response,hp gain is like 2-3 i beleive but dont quote me on it.but the notch is done to the top 3 stoppers only,and only good on non power valved triples

dangit i do got a twin... i thought the twins had the boost port partially blocked tho? does anyone know anything else i could do to my twin for better horsepower and throttle response?

find a set of twin pipes if you are REALLY worried about power, those 600 twins can be real tempermental with pipes though. Not too good on gas either :o| I think powerinc made a set for those back in the day, might be a little hard to find. Anything done with clutching yet? There is a lot to be gained there.

I thought Sled posted last winter that it helped the 5 and 600 twins too. Look in the tech section. Maxdlx

Yea i would love to get a pipe for it but i dont wanna spend a ton of money on it... but the reed notch wont work on a twin eh? huh well do you think my sled could take a 2002 600 Classic polaris? and a 2000 500 xc sp?

that polaris has electric start and reverse so its a heavy bitch and its got a m10 so thats a downside for the topspeed on that

Im thinkin bout droppin 1 tooth on my gears cuz all i ride is trails and quick stuff i want my sled to be snappy on the trails and have excellent acceleration... going top end isnt really my thing

I've got a boost bottle,reed spacers,VForce reeds and then geared down. My sled's throttle response is great now. I've gotten away from every twin I've raced so far. I have a triple though. Make sure your cables are adjusted correctly, also. You would be suprised how they get out of whack.

yea it takes A LOT of tuning to get those 600 twins running as good as a 600 triple

Back