big bore for a 600 twin

yamaha_snopro

i want to do a bigger bore for my 600 twin anybody have any ideas on how big a bore that motor can support before becoming unstable? i want to go out to about 800 or 900, does anyone know if yamaha snocross ever made an 800 open mod engines?

Welcome to Totallyamaha!!! I'm not up on the latest for BB kits for the 600. I had a 94 vmax with a 680 kit from hauck. The best I got it to run was 101 in 1000ft. It was extremely fast at that time.. Sounds like you are looking for more. I'm sure anything can be done for a $ amount. :)

Don't do it

I had a Hauck 700 BB on that motor. It was not all that powerful and it blew up in about 400 miles. I had not even gotten it dialed in from a jetting perspective. It was still rich. If you ask me, that motor was not stable to begin with and making it bigger is a waste of $$ and asking for trouble. I'm not trying to put down you sled, just giving you my 2 cents based on my $2000+ loss. ;)!

Madmatt

I have to agree.
The 600 twin was not the best of Yamaha's motors.
The ones I have seen stock all tend to blow after 1200 miles.
But thats only 3 I have seen.

Well I did have good luck with mine. BUT.. The guy that had it after me blew it up.. It was his fault though. He fired it up and ran it across the lake without warming it up..

well I will say that the ones I seen blow were lake runing as well.
The machines were harmed up but seems the pressure of runing the lake for about an hour or so was too much.
Tried keeping up with the tripples and did not survive.
Either way it is a yamy and we all love em but the 600 twin was not the best of Yamaha's work.

I liked mine, but it was problematic. if you really want more, get a 700 tripple from someone and punch that out, think you will be happier

yeaaaaaaaaaahhh, sounding it :( like I said, hit up a 7 tripple. when I had my 600, I put a clutch kit, v-force and thin head gasket on it. woke it right up nice, but the v-force were problematic and I ended up hating them. they have since redone them, so maybe the kinks are all worked out. just some suggestions

not worth the money to bore it try getting some pipes and reeds thin headgasket and a clutch youll be happy and throw in a track!

i have a 95v-max 600 with porting, and a set of gyt pipes. also has clutch kit. sled pulls pretty hard, and very reliable. just very very bad gas milage!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back