Clutching XTC 700

benderxtc700

There seems to be alot of clutching info on sx,sxr,srx, but not much on the xtc. I've only been sledn for 1 season so dont know alot, but this site is awesome for newbies like myself. would any of these setups be the same for an xtc?
My sled has bender tripple pipes and soon to have a ripsaw. It runs great, but I think it would run even better with some clutch work. Would the bender kit be my best bet or does anybody have a custom set-up for the xtc?

Thanks

Get a 51/43 helix & add enuff weight in the primary so sled will run 82-8400 rpm at wide open throttle. I clutched a lot of xt-xtc-sx-r,s & they all ran very similar with different parts as long as rpm,s were in this range.

Mini

Member #: 2419
My Sled: 04 VIPER S

Turk, I need some help with the same sled, all stock though. Can I gear down a reverse equipped sled? Do the shims go in the prinary or secondary? And is 142.5 jetting good down to what temp?

Thanks tons.

xsivhp

Shims go in the primary. Stock gearing in the reverse is fine..it is allready geared down.142.5 is good to about -30.

So if I do the sx700 trail clutch set up and peel the head gasket, (and don't worry about the gearing) it should wake it up considerably?

It's my dad's xtc, and I'd like it to run pretty close with a stock 04 viper if possible (which I think should be possible.)

What do you guys think?

Back