SxR Vs Viper Radius rods

ReaperSRX

Are the radius rods the same lenght between the two, because i am the process of picking up a set from a Viper to widen out my SRX to 42" to offset the Viper front shocks that are going on and want to make sure the Viper ones will do the trick................James

Reaper,

I long traveled my SX chassis with Viper shocks last year and they worked just fine with the SX radius rods. Man, did they improve my ride quality and didn't affect handling.
However, I had to turn the rod ends out to make them about as long as the Viper rods. I think I had to turn them out 2-1/2 turns if I remember right. Turning them out that far left too few threads engaged into the radius rods for me to be comfortable with. I did alot of diggin here on T.Y. to find out if you absolutely had to use the Viper rods and found out you don't. But, if you want stronger, longer radius rods that you don't have to worry about and rods that were designed specifically for the shocks you are putting in, then it would be the Viper rods. I am going to pick up a set this fall and throw them in my SX chassis for the sole reason of feeling comfortable knowing the rods ends aren't going to fail because there isn't enough thread engagement like I have now with my SX rods.
Just my $0.02

i think the radius rod ends are flipped on the viper rods arent they????opposite the sx rods>>> someone correct meif im wrong...

the lower rod is the same design, the upper howerver is not and will not work without alot of grinding to make the inner end narrow enough to fit. im not saying you cant make it work just that they are far from a direct fit.
the ideal rods for widening your sled would be from a venture,vmax, or sxr. these have the correct angles and use the inner rod ends that are narrower.

Back