2002 viper pipes

crowdawg

At the end of last season I bought a 2002 viper ER used. IT has Bender black satin ceramic coated triple pipes, Bender heat exchanger,speed sheeve on the primary,multi angle helix 48-38,hammertime weights,temp a flow,carbon fiber reeds,168 s.s. studs and 2005 RX 1 skis w/ 6" woodys all installed by the prev. owner.When I got the sled I realized that the pipes had been rubbing together and wore a small hole threw one of the pipes. Im going to have a pro welder patch the pipe. Has anyone ever been through this before and has anyone everused high temp paint on coated pipes. thanks for your input.

Yep , Mine rubbed through a couple years ago , have them put a thick patch on the spot since they will continue to rub , i also had the welder add a few more hooks in spots so i could add a few more springs to hold them in place , no problems in 3 yrs, now ...

good luck

This will probably work for you with the benders, it doesn't work very well on the aaen's because they are so damn thin, they just crack right next to where you welded because of the heat strain.

Back