What Track for 98 XTC Deluxe?

Dad's '98 XTC Deluxe is in need of a new track. Sled is stock (over 10,000 km's on origional track ;)! ). Any suggestions on what to replace it with? Want to run it with studs. What's the longest stud I can use and also what lug height? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,

Mike

The MAXIMUM stud height you can put on a 1" track without ripping them out constantly is a 1.175" the normal stud that we run on all of our 1" tracks is a 1.080" stud. The 9830 is an excellent recommendation and another great track to run is the hacksaw 1" lug track, I have already PMed you prices on both.
-Bruce

Bruce what brand is that with the 1.08, stud boy? How much protrusion you get with those on the one inch luggers?

really? you get that much out of them? That doesn't sound bad at all. I was going to get 1.187 but those will probably be way too long

like I said, if you are looking to go on the trials and still go lake racing and stuff, you probably dont want to get the 1.175 because they have a higher probability of poping out on you. I would only run the 1.175 if you only lake race or mostly lake race with little trial riding.

This is from www.maxxperf.com .... hope it helps you decide .... I like my Ripsaw without studs - That's what my dad is putting on his 98 XTC 700 Deluxe .... he seemed to like it too.

Attachments

• untitled.JPG
    untitled.JPG
    36.5 KB · Views: 31
Mike, I'm 90% sure Jo ran 1.175s in the SRX and it didn't have any trouble...what do have in the Viper?? I think they must that big too to get over the predator....

Thanks for all the info guys. Greatly appreciated. Dok, I think the stud on the viper is a 1.080" if I'm not mistaken. I think they are made by stud boy. They worked real well as you know. Your sled could have used a few of them the first time we radared last year.

This site and the people on it are all first class ;)! Everyone is very knowledgable and always friendly and helpful. Thanks for the quick and helpful responses. :rocks:

hey 2000srx, what would you reccomend for my ripsaw then on the srx/viper i'm building? I know about the studs hitting but I will be fixing that with a slight drop and roll (if i do a real drop and roll i could damage stuff because its not meant for aggressive riding but mountain riding, but i need the clearance for studs). I was thinking of goin with the 1.375 down the center, i think 192 of them it was. what do you think?

The 1.375 will work fine on the ripsaw and it gives you a great amount of penetration. The only thing I would say is that if you are going to be doing any racing on ice or bad condition riding, I would recommend the tall nuts to help keep the stud from bending. We have bent many studs on our ripsaw with the 1.375 because they are very long and they bend very easily. 192 sounds fine for an amount of studs.

Back