Clutching for 2001 SXR600

Exciterfan

Hello Again,

I've moved on from the track & Carbs to the clutches. During the summer I purchased a Team Roller secondary from Tom Hartman. Tom provided the secondary with the spring and a helix. The helix is a 52/42 for hot trail riding and a 52/40 for deeper snow. This was his recommendation based on my stock primary. While I was at Hay Days, I picked up a set of HeelClickers for my primary and the rep recommeded the Yamaha kit with 3.3g added to the heel of the clicker. Does anyone have any experience with Heel Clickers on the SXR600? SX600? The stock primary weights seem to have a profile which places more of the weight towards the tip of the weight rather than closer to the pivot point. The clicker seems to be a more uniform shape with a little extra on the heel. Tom Hartman seems to indicate that the Yamaha triples "like" the weight towards the tip of the weight.

Anyone have any Yamaha HeelClicker experience? A Hartman Primary kit might be another option if the clickers don't perform. Comments?

Thanks

You won,t be able to pull that much helix on that sled with heelclickers; even with the weights totally empty.

Based on the last comment from Turk.. (which I'm certainly not disputing)

Can anyone tell me what the stock helix is in the 2001SXR600? Stock Primary Weights?

The Heelclickers are only 40g empty and I've only added the specified 3.3g to the heel (which makes the weight 43.3g). The recommened spring certainly is way more stiff (and longer) than the stock one.

I didn't think a 52/42 was that aggressive a helix??

Help!

Stock helix is a 47. Run a straight 43 should be fine. The hc,s shift entirely different then any other weight out there. For example on a stock very well tuned 700 sx-r i ran 2 grams heel, 3 grams inner geared down 1 tooth with a 45 helix & silver secondary at 60 degree wrap.Rpm,s were barely 8500 on a cold day.

Turk,

I've been told that the 52/42 Team Roller secondary is not as aggressive as it would be if it were a normal (non-roller) secondary. SuperTorquer seems to think the Heelclikers will work with 3.3g in the shoulder (I called them again to confirm).

Is your helix recommendation based on the stock secondary?

Thanks for your help.

Exciterfan

Exciterfan I run my piped 600sxr with the heelclickers empty and a 45/39 helix with a green sec spring! Runs perfect!! ;)!

Back