700 top end on Venom

Triple X

Would a 700 top end bolt on to a 600cc Venom. That would be the ulitmate sleeper. throw a set of pipes on it, do the head gasket and reed spacer. You would have the horsepower plus the reliablity.

Yes the 700 top end will bolt on (cylinders, pistons, head), but you will also need the 33mm carbs from the 700 instead of the 31's that are on the 600, and you will need the 700 CDI box

if it not a powervalved motor just use a sxr700 topend with same cdi. might have to change the carbs still but less trouble.

yea as long as it is the newer style 300W ignition (which it is in the venom), you should be able to use the CDI from the 600, but it does have a little bit more advance.

So i could swap the top end, use the 33mm carbs and the cdi from the Venom or should i use the cdi from a SXR 700 as long as it is the 300 watt. Thanks for the help.

from what i understand you can still use the 600 cdi. just its gonna have an advanced timing curve over the sxr700 cdi. should be some one on here who can point you in the right direction for setting it up.

Triple X said:
So i could swap the top end, use the 33mm carbs and the cdi from the Venom or should i use the cdi from a SXR 700 as long as it is the 300 watt. Thanks for the help.

I would go with the SX-R 700(00+) or the late model MM700 cdi, but if you're running good fuel you could likely get away with the 600 box, I wouldn't play any headgasket games with it tho.

Back