Rossi to race rally cars next winter in Finland.

Ike

http://www.arcticrally.fi/

It was in the sport news that Valentino Rossi will be compeating in the Arctic Rally next winter. Most likely he`ll be driving a Subaru Impereza WRX.

I´ll be there watching!

Ike ;)!

he wont go F1 in 07, he'll win the first year with the 800's just so people don't say that he couldn't have, if he leave motoGP it'll be in 08

plus if he wins in 06 and 07 (very likely) it'll be 7 consequtive championships, tieing Giacomo for most of all time.

If he races GP in 07 and 08 it won't be for Yami, he will be on a Honda, being they already have one developed. He's already in pretty tight with Ferrari in F1. ;):D

Unexpectedly, and with the official announcement of his new contract with Yamaha for 2006 just announced, Valentino Rossi tested a Ferrari F1 car again today, apparently to confirm more accurately his potential in Formula One car racing.

The secret test started this morning at Fiorano, in Italy, at the private Ferrari test track, but no information was released about Rossi’s performance in the F2004 Ferrari in which he spent many hours. The rumor is that this second test was set on Rossi’s specific request to the team following the first test he had been given on April 21, 2004.

In fact, Ferrari and its president Mr. Luca di Montezemolo after the first test last year, agreed to give Rossi another opportunity to drive a Ferrari F1 car in the future. Recently this year Rossi said that his future would only be on two-wheels, but the surprise test today seems to indicate that the Italian phenomenon hasn’t really made a decision yet on what will happen after his Yamaha contract expires at the end of 2006. Or is he just haveing some fun during the summer break?

It’s no secret that Ferrari are warm to the idea of having the immensely popular MotoGP star on their team in the future, and as of right now there are no drivers under contract to Ferrari after the end of 2006 F1 season. Only time will tell if one of them will be Valentino Rossi.

it's possible he'll go back to honda, but honestly, I doubt it, they where really dickheads to him, what do you think there stance on the whole ferrari thing would be? yamaha just says "ya sure, if you wanna go drive an F1 car in your off time, that's your business, doesn't effect us any"

that's why he is where he is, and I don't see him going back to honda anytime soon.

aprillia on the other hand he also has had awesome experiences with, if they step up to the 800cc rules I could see him riding for them again.

He doesnt have much else to prove in GP, he has taken one of the most underdeveloped bikes in GP(M1) and shown he can win. I think its gonna boil down to cash, Yami bought him from Honda to begin with, I bet he can be purchased again. If Honda doesnt Ferrari will.

The word is that Rossi was off 3 seconds from Schumacher circuit record time. In F1 that is a lot. But he is still a newbie on that type of racing.

But if he is going to race F1 sometime, I think he´ll have more than his hands full with Räikkönen and Alonso... BUT still whatever his decides to do, it´s interesting. ;)!

Ike

I dont know if he would be competitive in F1 or not, but from a marketing standpoint he would be the golden prize. Imagine the GP fans he would bring to F1, that alone would be worth a ton of money to somebody. It seems like F1 and GP racing are popular all over the world except for here.
With the issues in Nascar I hope both start gaining some acceptance in the US. To me Nascar is getting to be one of the poorest forms of racing around,(cookie cutter cars, one tire mfg, getting fined for comming up with new ideas and equipment that are still within the rules, only caring about sponsors and not the fans, inconsistant rule interpritation,etc.)

Back